1. Usage of the MCI Portal:
The portal of the Ministry of Commerce and investment (MCI) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, herein referred to as “MCI Portal” / “the Portal”, is available for your personal usage, and your entry and usage for this portal are subjected to usage items and terms and the rules of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Also, your access and entry to this portal is an unconditional or unrestricted acceptance or to the items and terms of usage whether you were a registered user or not. This acceptance is in force as of the first date of your usage for this portal.
And it is clear with regard to the portal's vision and mission, that one of its most important objectives is to increase communication with audience and present a wide range of information and services which help enrich how to deal with the MCI with regard to the portal's visitors and those surfing it.
Usage of the Portal governed by a set of terms and conditions that undergo continuous updates and modifications when necessary. And any modification or update for any of these terms and conditions is in force once it is approved by the Portal Administration, this requires you to continuously review the usage terms and disclaimer principles in order to be updated with any modifications introduced. As such, using this portal repeatedly means that you have fully viewed and accepted any modification made to its usage items and terms; bearing in mind that these terms and conditions involve property rights. Further, the Portal Administration is not liable to announcing any updates made to these terms.
2. Restrictions on Usage
By using the MCI Portal, you approve of refraining from the following:
• Not to provide or download files containing software, materials, data, or other information that you do not own or you are not licensed to use them.
• Not to use this portal in any way whatsoever to send an electronic or undesired email; or any misuse of that sort for the MCI Portal.
• Not to provide or download files at this portal containing viruses or damaged data.
• Not to publish, announce, distribute, or circulate materials or information containing defamation, law violation, or sexual, obscene, and against Islamic rulings or code of ethics materials; or illegal materials or information via the portal of the Ministry of Commerce and investment (MCI).
• Not to participate via the MCI Portal in illegal or unlawful activities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
• Not to announce at the portal of the Ministry of Commerce and investment any product or service make us appear violating any law or system applied in any field.
• Not to use any means, program, or procedure to intercept or an attempt to intercept the proper operation for the MCI Portal.
• Not to make an action that puts tremendous, big, or inappropriate load on the infrastructure of the MCI Portal.
3. Links to MCI Portal:
When using links to the MCI Portal, except for the below-mentioned cases, it is banned to transfer or copy any of the MCI Portal content, or create any electronic links related to it, or display any of it in a frame.
• It is feasible to put the links of the Portal's pages at any other website which does not conflict with regard to its goals and orientation with the goals, policies, frameworks of the Ministry of Commerce and investment .
• Under no circumstances is the Ministry of Commerce and investment considered participating or linked in any way whatsoever with any trademarks, logos, or brands, or other means used or appear at the websites linked to these pages or any of their content.
• The Ministry of Commerce and investment preserves its right with regard to suspending or intercepting any links whatsoever from any website containing inappropriate, flagrant, defamatory, obscene, sexual, or illegal topics. Nor will the Portal accept publishing any names, materials, or information that violate any law or breach any intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or public rights.
• The MCI will have the right to intercept any link whatsoever if unlicensed, and it is not to be accountable for the content available at any website that is accessed via this portal or through it to this portal.
4. Links from the MCI Portal:
• Communication links related to portals and / or other websites are provided with the aim of facilitating visitors' access. The MCI Portal is not liable for the content or plausibility of the portals and /or websites, and/ or the pages which are linked to it and it does not approve of its content. Therefore, you are fully responsible for using any of these links to access these websites, portals, or pages. Hence, the MCI Portal aim at replacing disconnected electronic links, which do not work, at other websites. And as long as we cannot control these links, we do not, any way, guarantee that these links will work continuously.
5. Protection against Viruses:
The MCI Portal makes every effort to check and test this Portal's content at every production phase. You'd better continuously run anti-virus programs to all the materials downloaded from the internet. The portal is not responsible for any loss, disconnection, or damage to your data or your computer, or any device used for surfing, which could take place during accessing this portal or when using material downloaded from this portal.
6. Waiver of Claims
The MCI Portal, and the services, information, materials, and jobs it provides or that can be accessed via the Portal; are provided for your personal usage “as is” and “as is available”, without any approval, promises, or guarantees whatsoever. We cannot guarantee or bear the responsibility for any failures, errors, or encroachments that could arise from their usage or their content, or any website linked to it, whether we were on the knowing side or not.
When conducting any communications or sending any information via the Portal, the user will not have the right to own them or guarantee their confidentiality. Also, any usage or interactive usage the Portal involves does not guarantee for the user any rights, licensing, or any concessions whatsoever. Additionally, the MCI waive any claim within its reach, and determined as part of these terms under any circumstances does not mean automatic or permanent waiver of any of its rights under other circumstances.
7. Limits of Responsibility
The e-services which the MCI Portal presents via the internet and obtaining information about the various governmental entities and bodies, it is provided to facilitate the manual procedures. Herein you knowingly approve that the communications via the internet may be vulnerable for interception or may be intercepted by others. And the Portal does not replace the information available through the official bodies, and the administrative requests and procedures can be directly taken before concerned bodies. Accordingly, accessing this Portal remains your own responsibility. Also, we are not under any circumstances responsible for any loss or harm whatsoever you may sustain because of your usage or your visit to the Portal, or relying on any statement, opinion, advertisement at the Portal. Or what may occur because of operation delay, disconnection, problems accessing to the internet, device or program failures, not to mention the behavior and thoughts of any person accessing this Portal. Thus, you approve and accept that your only exclusive means to address any harm or loss that might occur as a result of accessing or using this Portal is to be prevented from their usage or accessing them, or to discontinue doing so.
Herein you approve that you will not take any procedure against the Ministry of Commerce and investment (MCI) or any of its departments, and compensate and secure it from any responsibility, as well as any bodies, employees, or agents in charge of managing, maintaining, updating, or providing the MCI Portal. This is with regard to all the commitments and responsibilities which could arise in terms of any claim taking place from any violation of the usage items and terms on your part, or any of the laws in force whether in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia or the place in which you live.
9. Usage Termination
We are authorized, according to our absolute evaluation, to terminating, restricting, or suspending your right with regard to accessing the Portal and its usage without notice, and for any reason, including the violation of with terms and conditions. Or for any other behavior that is considered according to our own evaluation unlawful or harmful to others. And in case of terminating your access to the Portal, you will not be licensed to access this portal.
10. Property Rights
This Portal is technically supervised by the Information Technology Department; a department affiliated to the Saudi Ministry of Commerce and investment (MCI). And all the materials available at this Portal with information and graphics included (content) are protected by virtue of publishing rights, trademarks, and other property right forms.
Since one of the main objectives of the Portal is to increase awareness and enrich culture for the Portal's users and visitors, it is only allowed for personal and non-profit usage to benefit from the content of the portal and any information published at it, meanwhile underscoring the fact that the MCI Portal is the source of that content and information.
Furthermore, it is not allowed under any circumstances to sell, license, rent, modify, copy, imitate, re-print, download, advertise, transfer, distribute, publicly display, edit, or create works derived from any of this portal's materials or content for audience or commercial purposes without obtaining a previous written acceptance from the Ministry of Commerce and investment (MCI) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Also, it is strictly banned to modify any of the content materials. Additionally, the drawings and images at these pages are protected by virtue of publishing rights, and it is not allowed to imitate or exploit them in any way whatsoever without a previous written acceptance from the MCI in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
11. Judicial Reference
You herein accept to be exclusively subjugated to the judiciary authorities of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia with regard to all the claims and disputes that arise from your usage for this portal; bearing in mind that the Arabic language is to be the official language used to settle any disputes arising from your usage for the portal or any of its content.
12. General Terms and Conditions:
A) All the materials and information available at the portal is for education and do not seek profit.
B) The Arabic language is the main language for the portal usage and benefit from all the materials published at them, and translating any of these materials aims at presenting an additional service. Hence, you cannot depend on the available translation to interpret any dispute on what the portal includes with regard to content
C) All the regulations and laws published at the portal whether they are related to the Ministry of Commerce and investment (MCI) or other bodies may get subjected to translation to interpret its meanings with the aim of increasing its benefit.
D) The portal includes a number of electronic channels and participation tools such as forums, questionnaires, comments on all what is published, blogging, voting, visitors' comments, subscription, SMS, and free-toll telephone lines around the clock.
E) The Portal Administration set a number of measures and restrictions related to the usage of electronic participation channels in a way that guarantees the highest desired benefit in terms of the electronic participation. And using these channels is a permanent acceptance to the measures and restrictions related to its usage.
F) The Ministry of Commerce and investment has full right to delete or not to publish any comments or participations for the portal's users, seen by the Portal Administration as inappropriate.
G) You can have a look on all the measures and restrictions of electronic participation channels via this page.
H) In case there are any inquiries or opinions on the privacy and disclaim terms, you can communicate with the Portal Administration through the Contact Us form at Contact us page.