Objectives of Commercial Attachés Offices
The main objective here appears in reinforcing economic ties and developing commercial relations between the Kingdom and the countries within the jurisdiction of its Commercial Attachés Offices.
Tasks and competencies of commercial attachés
1. Conduct researches and studies required for the markets’ potentials and the volume of consumption patterns in the countries where the commercial attaches and their markets are located.
2. Continuous monitoring of changes to the import and export regulations and commercial preferences and limitations as well as notifying the concerned authorities to inform exporters, importers, and businessmen firsthand.
3. Translation of the laws and regulations and any amendments thereto into Arabic in the countries where the attachés are located.
4. Providing data and information on the commercial, economic and financial activities and events held in the Kingdom, and translating them into the languages of the countries where the attaché are located.
5. Providing data and information on the commercial, economic and financial activities and events held in the countries where the attachés are located, and making such information available to those interested in participating in them well in advance. in addition Arabic schedules for these activities and events are to be prepared along with issuing brochures by the organizers of such activities and events.
6. Contributing to the preparation of trade shows held in the Kingdom and making necessary advertising campaigns the same well in advance in the countries where the attachés are located as well as contacting concerned foreign authorities and sending invitations to them.
7. Arranging visits for the Saudi trade delegations and cross-commercial delegations in coordination with concerned authorities, and contributing to the preparation of a convenient schedule that serves the purpose of the visit.
8. Preparing specialized commercial, economic and financial reports and brochures.
9. Preparing studies and contemplating the commodities and services traded in the markets where the attachés are located and which may be produced in the Kingdom and made available to Saudi producers and exporters.
10. Preparing studies and giving advice on how to market and commercialize Saudi goods and services in the countries where the attachés are located, and making them available for Saudi exporters and producers.
11. Coordinating with concerned authorities in the Kingdom to market Saudi products allocated for local consumption in the countries where the attachés are located.
12. Ensuring the execution of multilateral economic and trade agreements between the Kingdom and other countries, and informing Saudi businessmen and exporters, directly by the concerned authorities, of the advantages made available by these agreements and the procedures to be followed to benefit from such advantages.
Continually following up the new regulations and procedures issued in the Kingdom and all policies adopted in connection with export, import, and investment; giving opinions and proposing recommendations regarding such policies and their contemplated implications; holding workshops to discuss some issues with concerned parties in the countries where the attaches are located, and taking their opinions and perceptions about the same.