Endeavor to provide the optimal environment for starting, developing and practicing e-commerce through establishing a successful partnership with the relevant authorities, developing strategies for optimal operation, implementing supporting initiatives for that purpose, following up the latest global, local and regional technologies, policies and events relevant to e-commerce.
- Prepare the executive plan for E-Commerce Center and follow up its implementation after getting the approval.
- Creating the necessary environment for starting and practicing E-Commerce and work to overcome difficulties and implement initiatives for supporting and developing E-Commerce.
- Coordinate efforts and programs within the Ministry and with other relevant Ministries and government agencies to develop policies and procedures related to the investment environment of e-commerce.
- Develop strategic relations and alliances with third parties, whether public or private (inside or outside the Kingdom), in order to develop programs to expand and increase e-commerce.
- Participate in the development of legislations, decisions, regulations, systems and standards related to e-commerce in light of the developments in legislation, principles and methods applied at the local, regional and international levels.
- Monitor and analyze the policies adopted in the field of e-commerce and their impact on the performance of the commercial sector, submit reports and recommendations thereon.
- Develop the appropriate environment and climate for investment activity through e-platforms, and through the establishment of successful partnerships with relevant parties.
- Follow up the latest events, technologies and policies related to stimulating investment in the field of e-commerce.
- Supervise the preparation of programs and holding meetings, conferences and events to raise awareness of individuals and the private sector and develop their capabilities to participate in the dissemination and adoption of e-commerce methods in their dealings.
- Manage the work of E-Commerce Council, provide all the requirements and facilities for its meetings and activities.
- Supervise the organization, keeping and archiving of papers and files of the E-Commerce Center. This would help getting back information, taking into consideration using technology in this field.
- Determine the e-commerce center needs of manpower, equipment and materials and work to provide them.
- Prepare periodic reports on the center activities, achievements and submit proposals for developing the performance.
- Any other tasks assigned to the center within its competence.