This Office is associated with the Deputy Ministry for Planning and Development.
Creating suitable environment for project management in an integrated and effective way, spreading project management culture, qualifying those concerned within the Ministry, application of project management methodology, redefining operations, policies, forms, supporting senior leadership with comprehensive reports on the status of projects, reading and analyzing the performance indicators for projects and employees.
- Prepare the annual plan for the Office and implement that after getting the approval.
- Coordinating with other departments in the Ministry to accomplish joint work.
- Supervise the completion of the Ministry's projects from the adoption of the initiative to achievement, including:
1. Follow up the internal and external projects by making sure that they conform to the plans that have been prepared.
2. Follow-up the projects and performance indicators through specialized systems, identify the mechanism of alerts and escalation and ensure that all information related to ongoing projects is updated and reported according to the relevant plans prepared for that.
- Managing priorities among projects by selecting higher priority projects, and identify the mechanism for such priorities.
- Carry out the necessary coordination among the internal projects and coordinate their association with other projects outside the Ministry.
- Prepare project management methodology by defining project management procedures, starting from the first idea to implementation and handing over. This can be done through determining how to approve projects, launching or starting projects, planning projects, management and control of projects, data entry by project managers, as well as entry of working hours by project team.
- Supporting and training project managers through training them on using the methodology developed by the Office, as well as training them on using the Project Management System.
- Preparing and sending reports to senior management by collecting, comparing and summarizing reports from different projects and programs, then preparing a final report to the administration.
- Collect and make archive for all the lessons and experiences learned from completed projects, as well as making data base and sharing it with all project managers
- Manage historical databases and project records as well as project performance index and results.
- Updating, organizing and maintaining records, data and statistics related to the activities of the Office, also making archive by using technology for that purpose.
- Determine the Office need of manpower, financial credits, equipment and take the necessary procedures for providing that after getting the approval.
- Prepare periodic reports on the activities and achievements of the Office, as well as any encountered obstacles or difficulties and make proposals for development.
- Any other tasks assigned to the Office within its competence.