This Administration is associated with the Assist. Deputy Ministry for Rules & Regulations..
Developing Rules, Regulations and Standards related to consumer protection. This is to provide a fair legislative system that respects consumer rights and has highly reliable features, in order to achieve the Ministry's vision, objectives and trends.
- Review Rules and Regulations and other relevant laws, related to consumer protection, evaluate their efficiency, and propose the necessary amendments to them, in order to achieve the Ministry's visions, objectives and trends.
- Prepare diagnostic studies to detect deficiencies in consumer protection systems and policies.
- Prepare comparative legislative studies and general policy studies to develop the legislative system, relevant to consumer protection.
- Study and analyze developments and concepts developed in international consumer protection systems and policies to keep abreast of legislative and regulatory developments.
- Prepare draft Rules, Regulations and standards and other relevant laws, related to consumer protection. This is to develop the legislative environment for consumer protection.
- Periodic evaluation of Rules and Regulations relating to consumer protection, analysis the results and effects of their application and submit proposals for their development.
- Study what is presented to the Ministry of draft Rules, Regulations and other relevant laws, related to consumer protection, and present views and opinions in that regard.
- Prepare educational bulletins and guidelines for consumer protection Rules & Regulations, in coordination with the relevant departments.
- Establishing partnerships with local and international institutions and organizations specialized in consumer protection, development and management systems.
- Identify establishments, institutes, law firms and experts, relevant to commercial and investment systems, and study the benefits of establishing cooperative relations with them, in coordination with the consultants.
- Prepare researches on local and global trends, relevant to the preparation and development of Rules & Regulations, study them and submit views and recommendations to consultants.
- Specify search engines, databases, information, websites, books, research, articles, studies, reports, etc. relevant to local and comparative trading and investment systems, and recommend to make subscription or acquire them.
- Prepare periodic reports on the activities of the Administration, and propose suggestions for development.
- Any other tasks assigned to it in its area of competence.