The Ministry of Commerce seeks to play a pivotal role in the growth and sustainability of the Kingdom's commercial sector and to keep up with the ever-evolving changes and developments in trade globally. The Ministry aims to strengthen the Kingdom's economic position as a preferred hub for trade in the Middle East and around the world. Providing a comprehensive and integrated road map to fulfill its ambitious objective of leading the Saudi trading sector in a fair and stimulating environment.
The Ministry's message centers around the crucial role it has been playing in enhancing the business climate in the Kingdom through the adoption, development, and oversight of flexible and fair commercial laws regulations, and policies, as well as the strengthening of strategic alliances with various relevant local and international authorities in order to strengthen the bonds of trust between the seller and the customer. By adhering to an integrated system of established values that place an emphasis on justice, respect for rights, creativity, teamwork, speed of response, and a constant effort to provide value-added services that exceed the expectations of all categories of customers, it helps to maximize the contribution of the commercial sector to the support and sustainability of the national economy.
To achieve a leading position for the Saudi trade sector in a fair and stimulating environment.
Enhancing and promoting the capacities of the trade sector, as well as protecting the rights and interests of beneficiaries, through developing and establishing effective implementing policies and mechanisms that would contribute to a sustainable economic development.
- Respect for Rights
- Rapid Response
- Increase and bolster users’ trust
- Improve and upgrade the business environment
- Ensure a sustainable strategic inventory of essential commodities
- Improve optimization of resources by the Ministry
- Upgrade the quality of the Ministry’s services provided to users in line with institutional excellence benchmarks
- Upgrade the retail sector and promote good business practices
- Enable and encourage an e-commerce environment Kingdom-wide
- Enable the highest digital maturity and preparedness levels within the Ministry
- Create an internal environment conducive to stimulation and creativity