His Excellency the Minister of Commerce extended an invitation to the citizens through his Twitter account at the last hour of 2019, to present ideas and visions that contribute to developing the Ministry's performance, and improving as well its services. His Excellency wrote: “If you were the Minister of Commerce and Investment or the Minister of Municipal and Rural Affairs, what are the decisions that you would take in 2020 AD? ". Consequently, more than 12000 participation and interactions were received from those interested parties. These answers were studied and analyzed scientifically and had been transformed into development ideas for services and projects that may contribute to improving the commercial environment.
Adoption of Participations: Urging the public to express their opinions and views, aiming at developing business in the Ministry, and to adopt these ideas and turn them into projects.
How the Public Responded: The citizens and those interested interacted directly with His Excellency's tweet by expressing their ideas, opinions and proposing quality proposals.
The tweet, through which a huge workshop for a large commercial, investment and development debate was launched on Twitter, met an unprecedented interaction, exceeding 12 thousand responses
, through which the readers practiced their role as if they were the Ministers of Commerce. They drew a road map, which included many ideas, proposals and suggestions they would like to launch during 2020 AD.
The Executive Action Plan of the Ministry included nine main hubs. The business sector makes up the largest percentage of such hubs by 60%, followed by Anti-Commercial Concealment 19%, then general proposals 5%, after that the consumer sector 5%, then the investment sector by 4%, then chambers of commerce 3%, development of small and medium enterprises 2%, raising the efficiency of engineers 1%, and finally the customer services also by 1%.
Immediately, the Ministry’s account interacted by responding to the development partners. They were informed about what had been done regarding their views and proposals that have turned into decisions and projects to improve the commercial environment and the Ministry’s services, including, for example:
- "Today, we have launched an Electronic Monitoring System for commodities and products prices. This system will enable the Ministry to follow up and monitor directly the commodity prices online in all regions of the Kingdom, so that to take the necessary measures in that regard."
- "A monthly evaluation has been adopted to raise the efficiency of all employees, especially the front-line and customer services employees, through implementing specialized programs to provide the best services."
- “It has been agreed that the opinions of the public and citizens should be taken into consideration before taking any decision, including the Rules & Regulations issued by the Ministry. Notably, we presented 38 legislations within two years, and we received valuable suggestions and views regarding them.”
- "You can now renew the suspended Commercial Registration. This is to facilitate the business of traders"
- "More than 10 indicators of business performance assessment, out of a total of 90 indicators, have been adopted by the Ministry to assess the functions, tasks and procedures and their effectiveness in achieving our goals. The assessment is done on a weekly and monthly basis for functions and operational indicators, and on a quarterly basis for strategic indicators."
- "The circular for the Trader's Guide has been approved today. This is for the commercial establishments, to be sent by mobile messages. This circular clarifies all Rules & Regulations in a very simple language. Notably, with the issuance of the commercial registration, the Trader's Guide to be sent online to the facility."
- "The development of the chambers of commerce is a priority for the Ministry of Commerce. The new Chamber of Commerce System has been presented to the public to survey their opinions. This system would enable the private sector and address all current challenges and obstacles, and it is now under study and review by the competent authorities.