The General Administration of Provisions & Supplies is in charge of implementing the policies and programs necessary to achieve the objectives of the provisions policy, also following-up the availability of food supplies and main foodstuffs, besides verifying their adequacy and being sufficient for consumption, also checking their prices and ensure they are moderate, as well as verifying the provision of sufficient stock during normal or special situations, like Hajj and Umrah seasons.
1. Work on the implementation of MCI public policies for provisions and consuming items.
2. Following-up local market balances by controlling the internal trade movement, as far as the price and quantity are concerned, in a way that preserves food security and prevents monopolistic practices.
3. Supervise the supply of the Kingdom's basic commodities, including foodstuffs and consuming goods, which are issued by a decision of the Ministry of Commerce and Investment, either by importing or by supplying from the local markets, besides supervising any other commodity facing any monopolistic practices in the local market
4. Updating, filing and organizing records, data and statistics related to the activities of the administration, also taking advantage of the technical solutions in dealing with such records.
5. Preparing periodic reports on the activities and achievements of the administration, including the encountered obstacles or difficulties, with the necessary recommendations.