This management is associated with the Under Secretary for Planning and Development.
Information Security Management is concerned with maintaining the security of information in the Ministry, besides providing the necessary protection and endeavor to solve relevant problems.
- Managing information security programs in the Ministry and e-portal.
- Setting the information security policies for the Ministry in accordance with international standards.
- Setting standards and specifications for equipment and programs to protect departments and sections affiliated to the Ministry.
- Develop policies to deal with information security problems, and try to solve them in the shortest time when they occur.
- Raising awareness and information security culture among the Ministry's employees.
- Perform quality assurance tests to protect the network and systems.
- Do on-going research on what is new in the field of information security, so that to select the best technologies that can be acquired to improve the working environment and security.
- Give authorizations to the persons, who are entitled to access information centers.
- Review the security policy followed and develop a vision for its development.
- Ensure the existence of protection tools, such as hardware or software in all information devices.
- Ensure the effectiveness of protection programs on all users' devices.
- Reporting on the security situation, relevant to information security to the Deputy Minister.
- Determine the Administration need of manpower, financial credits, equipment and take the necessary procedures for providing that after getting the approval.
- Prepare periodic reports on the activities and achievements of the administration, as well as any encountered obstacles or difficulties and make proposals for development.
- Any other tasks assigned to the General Directorate within its competence.