This Administration is associated with Under Secretary for Planning and Development.
Develop and manage IT services in the Ministry in accordance with best practices and standards, in order to provide effective technical solutions to support the main activities of the Ministry, and MCI Supporting Services and to build a high-efficient, reliable and secure IT infrastructure, besides providing technical support to users of IT services both inside and outside the Ministry.
- Prepare the annual plan for the administration and take the necessary procedures to implement that after getting the approval.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities within the departments associated with the General Administration, in order to achieve the overall objectives of this administration, and ensure the quality of activities and follow-up reports relevant to their performance and achievements.
- Administrative and technical supervision on the associated departments, and do the necessary coordination among them to achieve the overall goals.
- Supervise the preparation of information technology policies in the Ministry and work on their adoption and follow-up implementation.
- Participate in preparing and updating the vision, mission and strategic objectives of Communications & Information Technology within the Ministry.
- Prepare periodic and phased reports on the progress of work of IT projects, monitor performance indicators, obstacles or constraints, risk assessment and potential impacts in coordination with the Project Management Office.
- Determine the structure of IT Project Management Teams, determine their tasks, qualification and expertise to be available with the employees.
- Supervise the preparation of the five-year plan for information technology and follow-up implementation.
- Supervising the preparation of the specification and condition manuals for IT projects in coordination with the concerned departments of the Ministry.
- Supervise the preparation of the annual operational plan of the Administration, and the estimated costs of implementation and follow-up adoption and implementation.
- Supervise the preparation of IT management processes and procedures, and follow-up the necessary updating.
- Follow-up of the national initiatives and programs relevant to Communications & IT, and endeavor to avail of such programs.
- Supervise the implementation of studies to determine the need of IT services.
- Design and develop the institutional IT structure to support the Ministry's activities, and do the necessary documentation.
- Supervise the preparation of programs and projects for the development of IT services in the Ministry and follow-up their adoption and implementation.
- Supervise the management and operation of IT services according to best practices and standards.
- Supervise the preparation of user guides and give answers to common enquiries related to IT services in the Ministry.
- Supervise the preparation of awareness and educational technical programs and presenting them to beneficiaries in the Ministry.
- Supervise the preparation of plans to develop the abilities and skills of the management staff and administrative units associated with IT and identify their need for development.
- Follow-up periodic statistical reports including performance indicators and levels of management achievement, relevant to the approved plans and proposals for development, then submit that to the Undersecretary of MCI Supporting Services.
- Provide data and information necessary for the progress of work in the Administration, make the necessary updating, and develop systems for keeping and giving back.
- Supervise the technical systems related to the work of the Administration and follow up the uploading and updating the information and work to develop that in coordination with the relevant departments.
- Participate in committees and work teams related to the work of the Administration.
- Supervise the determination of the training needs for the management staff and coordinate with the competent departments to meet such needs.
- Updating and organizing records, data and statistics related to the Administration activities and keeping that by making use of technology in processing the data.
- Determine the management needs of manpower, equipment and materials and work to provide them.
- Prepare periodic reports on the achievements of the administration and submit proposals for development.
- Any other tasks assigned to the General Administration within its competence.